For SellersAdd Your Sale to the List
Adding your sale to the list: details
$5.00, payable by credit card (we use Stripe‘s secure payment system).
We want the sales to be accessible to everyone. If you don’t have a credit card, we can accept cash or Venmo payment. We need extra time to receive your payment and get you a coupon code. Please contact us before 5PM on Tuesday, June 8 if you need to pay in cash or by Venmo.
How and when to add your sale
Once the list opens in mid-May, we’ll accept submissions until 6:00 AM on Wednesday June 9. No sales can be added or edited after that point.
What the list includes
Your sale address, dates/hours of operation, plus a description of what you’re selling. (See examples.)
Submit your garage sale to the list
Beginning May 17, 2021
Deadline to submit your sale
Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 6:00 a.m.
List released to the public
Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
Do You Venmo?
of 2020’s sales accepted Venmo payments. Venmo is a touch-free, cashless, and no-cost smartphone app that lets you easily receive and send money. Its free—no fees at all. Stay safe and healthy this year; get Venmo now and mark your sale as “Accepting Venmo”.
The Master List is CLOSED for submissions
Sorry! We stopped taking new submissions for the master list at 6:00AM on Wednesday, June 9.
If you need to remove your sale from the list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Making changes to your listing
How to change your garage sale listing
After you submit, you should’ve received an email from “NL Garage Sales.” It contains a link you can use to make changes only until the submission deadline (see above).
How to remove your sale
To remove your sale listing completely, email us. If it’s after June 9, we can usually remove your sale from the Google map, but we cannot remove it from the downloadable list once it’s published. We cannot provide refunds after June 9.
Help our community stay healthy
Expectations of Sellers
Take these simple steps during citywide garage sales to keep yourself and our community members safe and healthy.
- Consider wearing a mask (if you’re unvaccinated, it’s an even better idea).
- Sanitize/wash your hands often.
- Spread out your stuff; set up your sale so shoppers can keep their distance.
- Set up a Venmo account so you can accept touch-free payments. Garage sales that accept Venmo payments are specially marked in the master list.
- If you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 or develop symptoms, please don’t proceed with your sale. Contact us to have your sale removed. We’ll refund your $5.
Garage Sale 101
We put together the best tips, tricks, and advice so you can have a kick-ass garage sale! Get answers like:
- When should my sale be open?
- How should I be preparing ahead of time?
- What signage do I need to get shoppers to my sale?
- How do I write a great description for the Master List?
- How should I price my stuff?
- What should I do with my unsold stuff?
A better sale = more shoppers. More customers = more money for you!